Bananas are good for UTI because they promote urinary tract health and provide protection against infection with an important compound that helps fight bacteria and keeps it from sticking to the lining of the urinary tract.
Are Bananas good for UTI?
Bananas are good for UTI by encouraging regular bowel movements and relieving pressure on urine flow.
What is UTI?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of your urinary system — your kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract — the bladder and the urethra.
Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than are men
Benefits of Bananas for UTI
Water, berries, yogurts, fiber, and vitamin C are the foods that are good for better urinary health.
This food helps to flush the bacteria, fight with the bacteria, helps in regular bowel movements to flow the bacteria, etc.
Banana is a berry and fiber-rich food.
- Berry promote urinary tract health and
- provide protection against infection with an important compound that helps fight bacteria and
- keeps it from sticking to the lining of the urinary tract.
Lack of regular bowel movements can cause pressure in the urinary tract and block urine flow, allowing bacteria to grow.so it is very important to eat fiber-rich food.
A food high in fiber i.e banana paired with drinking enough water promotes healthy digestion and regular bowel movements.
The Daily Value of vitamin C is 60 milligrams, so the banana is considered a good source of vitamin C, providing 16 percent of the Daily Value for C.
Vitamin C makes urine more acidic, which helps prevent bacteria from growing in the urinary system and prevents UTI.
In addition, vitamin C helps:
- cuts and wounds heal,
- boosts the immune system,
- helps your gums stay healthy, keeps infections at bay, and
- helps the body absorb iron from food sources.
- the main component of banana. More the intake of banana, increased the intake of potassium too which suppresses calcium excretion in the urine, preventing painful kidney stones.
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin B6.
B6 is also involved in maintaining:
- proper blood sugar levels,
- synthesizing and breaking down amino acids, and
- producing antibodies for a stronger immune response in your body to fight against various diseases including UTI.
- So, bananas are good for UTI.
Some people even claim that banana contains a high amount of sugar so there is a high susceptibility of infection of the urinary tract as bacteria resides on sugar.
But all the sugar contains banana and is not the home for bacteria. sugar helps to regulate insulin and prevents diabetes i.e polyurea or oliguria.
Thus, bananas are good for UTI.