Characteristics of mentally healthy person depends on the mental alertness and the mental disease that one posses. The characteristics of mentally healthy person varies from person to person. So, some characteristics are energy and enthusiasm for living. Adjusting in changing environment, being happy and free from mental illness etc.
Mentally healthy person
Mentally healthy person is the kind of persons who have the ability to learn, feel and fulfill a number of key activities.
The ability to build and maintain good relationship with all the people around.
The ability to express and manage a range of positive and negative emotions because to be mentally healthy one should be emotionally healthy as well.
Mentally healthy person is not only the person who is free from depression, anxiety, or other psychological issues. One should have positive characteristics to be mentally healthy rather than the absence of mental illness.
Mentally unhealthy person
They are the person who have the wide range of mental health conditions and various kind of disorder. These disorder can affect their mood, thinking and behavior .Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors
Behavior of mentally unhealthy person
Person with mental illness develops the various kinds of behavior like:
- Extreme mood swings of highs and lows.
- Being isolated from friends and families.
- Significant tiredness.
- low energy to do the daily activities.
- Problems in sleeping may be oversleep or lack of sleep.
- Detachment from reality or hallucinations.
Maintenance of good mental health characteristics
Mentally tired person should eat proper balanced diet because it is said mind and body is directly related to food. Healthy food brings healthy mental health.
To be mentally healthy one should share their feeling with friends and families. They should talk with friends if they can’t open up with heir parents about the various problems that they are going through. So, it helps to minimize their mental stress.
Doing regular exercise and managing stress is necessary to be mentally healthy.
Good sleep and relax are also the component of good mental health.
Being involved in creative works prevent your mind from being dull and overthinking.
The feeling of self respect is necessary for good mental health. One should posses the confidence because only the belief and esteem in oneself provide the energy to solve the problems.
If the individual have the good social relationship, he /she gets respect and love from society than he can adjust their without any mental conflict.
For good mental health one should be emotionally matured. He shouldn’t be controlled by his feelings or emotions instead he should have capability to command and control the emotions and should express in desirable way.
Their should be harmony in emotions, thoughts, desires and actions. Excess of any one of them would result in disorientation in mind and can cause unhealthy mental behavior.
To develop the good mental health in children parents should guide the children to make proper decisions because mind of children are so sensitive. They shouldn’t control their kids in whatever they think of doing.
Children should be provided with suitable opportunities to develop their capacities and abilities because childhood is the root of early development. Parents should shower enormous love and care to their children.
Characteristics of mentally healthy person
- One should have sense of happiness and satisfaction.
- Mentally healthy person feels good about themselves.
- Having a great enthusiasm and energy for living.
- The ability to laugh and have fun.
- The ability to deal with stress and adjust in the changeable conditions.
- A sense of meaning and purpose, in both their activities and their relationships.
- The flexibility to learn new skills .
- A balance between work and play, rest and activity, etc.
- The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships.
- Self-confidence and high self-esteem
- Mentally healthy person have easy going attitude, tolerant and they can laugh at themselves.
- They will neither underestimate nor overestimate their abilities.
- Mentally healthy person doesn’t take advantage of others neither they give chance to take advantage of them.
- To be mentally healthy one should have satisfying and long lasting personal relationship.
- One should feel he have responsibility to the fellow humans.
- Can be the part of group and they don’t live isolated life.
- Having self respect and accepting the short comings are also the characteristics of mentally healthy person.
So to read the similar article go through the link below;